sulfur impact in pet coke in cement mills

The effects of excess sulfur on clinker properties - IEEE ...

2004-4-30  Not only can the sulfur content change the clinker size distribution, but changes in clinker chemistry can have effects on cement quality. Recent industry trends are pushing toward increased burning of alternative fuels such as pet coke, liquid and solid waste products, etc. that have uncommon chemical compositions.

More

impact pet coke crusher - bondasspecials.nl

using pet coke in a rotary kiln as fuel advantage. sulfur impact in pet coke in cement mills. Crusher Pet Coke,Crusher Mills, Cone Crusher, Jaw Crushers coke pet bottle,plant Nigeria machine Equipment china , difference between impact crusher cone crusher.

More

The effects of excess sulfur on clinker properties

It has long been known that excess sulfur in clinker can lead to operational changes in the pyro-processing system. Excess sulfur will also create changes in the finish grinding system.

More

PET COKE – Effect on Aluminium/Cement Industry

Market insight and its effect on Aluminium and Cement Industry. Facts: 1. India is the world’s biggest consumer of pet coke. 2. Local producers include Indian Oil Corp, Reliance Industries and Bharat Petroleum Corp. 3. It is dark solid carbon material. Cement companies in India account for about three-fourths of country’s pet coke use.

More

Petcoke as a Lime Kiln Fuel - TAPPI

2006-6-7  Used in cement kilns for some time ... Examples of Mills Using PetcokeExamples of Mills Using Petcoke Currently firing pulverized petroleum coke in their lime kilns*:firing pulverized petroleum coke in their lime kilns*: ... Net impact (increased Sulfur input and Caustic Net impact (increased Sulfur input and Caustic demand) is $2.7 million ...

More

THE FATES OF VANADIUM AND ULFUR INTRODUCED

2011-4-18  Petroleum coke (petcoke) has been burned at kraft pulp mills to partially substitute for natural gas and fuel oil used in lime kilns. Due to the high vanadium and sulfur contents in petcoke, there had been concerns over the impact of burning petcoke on kiln and chemical recovery operations.

More

Effect of coal with different sulfur content on cement ...

The raw materials and high-sulfur coals with total sulfur content from 2.10% to 5.21% were mixed and cement clinkers with constant lime saturation factor, silica modulus and alumina modulus were ...

More

DFW Holcim Cement Plant Seeks to Burn 100%

2019-7-16  Cement kilns need a cheap source of fuel. Since 1960 the Midlothian kilns have burned gas, coal, hazardous waste, tires, used oil, car inards, plastic packaging, and other “industrial wastes” to keep a flame at 2400 degrees F or hotter. But never 100% Petroleum Coke. Pet Coke

More

Pet coke in cement clinker - SlideShare

2015-7-11  Pet coke in cement clinker 1. What is PET-COKE * Petroleum coke is a by-product / undesirable product of oil refining cracking process. * The most attractive thing for use of Pet-coke is the high calorific value having lower cost as well as lower

More

Petroleum Coke - an overview ScienceDirect Topics

Petroleum coke is a byproduct of petroleum refining, useful in the production of electrodes used as carbon anodes for the aluminum industry, graphite electrodes for steel making, as fuel in the firing of solid fuel boilers used to generate electricity, and as a fuel for cement kilns [32]. Fuel-grade coke is coke that is high in sulfur content ...

More

The effects of excess sulfur on clinker properties - IEEE ...

2004-4-30  Not only can the sulfur content change the clinker size distribution, but changes in clinker chemistry can have effects on cement quality. Recent industry trends are pushing toward increased burning of alternative fuels such as pet coke, liquid and solid waste products, etc. that have uncommon chemical compositions.

More

PET COKE – Effect on Aluminium/Cement Industry

Market insight and its effect on Aluminium and Cement Industry. Facts: 1. India is the world’s biggest consumer of pet coke. 2. Local producers include Indian Oil Corp, Reliance Industries and Bharat Petroleum Corp. 3. It is dark solid carbon material. Cement companies in India account for about three-fourths of country’s pet coke use.

More

Petcoke as a Lime Kiln Fuel - TAPPI

2006-6-7  Used in cement kilns for some time ... Examples of Mills Using PetcokeExamples of Mills Using Petcoke Currently firing pulverized petroleum coke in their lime kilns*:firing pulverized petroleum coke in their lime kilns*: ... Net impact (increased Sulfur input and Caustic Net impact (increased Sulfur input and Caustic demand) is $2.7 million ...

More

THE FATES OF VANADIUM AND ULFUR INTRODUCED

2011-4-18  Petroleum coke (petcoke) has been burned at kraft pulp mills to partially substitute for natural gas and fuel oil used in lime kilns. Due to the high vanadium and sulfur contents in petcoke, there had been concerns over the impact of burning petcoke on kiln and chemical recovery operations.

More

Effect of coal with different sulfur content on cement ...

The raw materials and high-sulfur coals with total sulfur content from 2.10% to 5.21% were mixed and cement clinkers with constant lime saturation factor, silica modulus and alumina modulus were ...

More

DFW Holcim Cement Plant Seeks to Burn 100%

2019-7-16  Cement kilns need a cheap source of fuel. Since 1960 the Midlothian kilns have burned gas, coal, hazardous waste, tires, used oil, car inards, plastic packaging, and other “industrial wastes” to keep a flame at 2400 degrees F or hotter. But never 100% Petroleum Coke. Pet Coke is a refinery waste high in BTU value and sulfur

More

Use of Pet Coke in Cement Manufacturing and Its

2019-4-5  An important factor influencing the rate of combustion is the specific surface area of the fired pet-coke. So, the fineness of pet-coke is increased to improve its burning behavior. Based on the experience of other plants, pet-coke fired in cement kiln and calciner is of fineness of 4% to 6% residue on 90 micron sieve. USE IN KILN

More

Petroleum Coke - an overview ScienceDirect Topics

Petroleum coke is a byproduct of petroleum refining, useful in the production of electrodes used as carbon anodes for the aluminum industry, graphite electrodes for steel making, as fuel in the firing of solid fuel boilers used to generate electricity, and as a fuel for cement kilns [32]. Fuel-grade coke is coke that is high in sulfur content ...

More

Recycling petroleum coke in blended cement mortar

2012-11-1  Table 3 shows the quantity and composition of sample mixes prepared in this study. Control slab contained 25 % by dry mass CEM II/B-M and 75% sand.Lightweight slab also contained 25% cement and the rest 75% pet coke. The quantity of water used in both mixes was fixed in order to maintain a constant degree of workability.

More

Impact of Feed Properties and Operating Parameters on ...

2017-8-3  Petroleum Coke General Properties: Volatile Combustible Matter (VCM) • VCM is unconverted pitch – Target 12% Max, fuel coke 9% to 10% – 14% VCM is very high; Coke will be soft • Increases green coke hydrogen content • Rules of thumb for control in fuel coke – Increase heater outlet 5-7 °F for 1% decrease in VCM

More

THE FATES OF VANADIUM AND ULFUR INTRODUCED

2011-4-18  Petroleum coke (petcoke) has been burned at kraft pulp mills to partially substitute for natural gas and fuel oil used in lime kilns. Due to the high vanadium and sulfur contents in petcoke, there had been concerns over the impact of burning petcoke on kiln and chemical recovery operations.

More

MANAGING CHINA’S PETCOKE PROBLEM

2015-6-3  Though typically considered inert when it is left unburned and stored, pet-coke is in some ways even dirtier than coal when it is burned—with a higher sulfur content, usually higher than 3 percent and typically as high as 6.5 or 7 percent,5 and various

More

Effect of coal with different sulfur content on cement ...

The raw materials and high-sulfur coals with total sulfur content from 2.10% to 5.21% were mixed and cement clinkers with constant lime saturation factor, silica modulus and alumina modulus were ...

More

Petroleum Coke - an overview ScienceDirect Topics

Petroleum coke is a byproduct of petroleum refining, useful in the production of electrodes used as carbon anodes for the aluminum industry, graphite electrodes for steel making, as fuel in the firing of solid fuel boilers used to generate electricity, and as a fuel for cement kilns [32]. Fuel-grade coke is coke that is high in sulfur content ...

More

Impact of Feed Properties and Operating Parameters on ...

2017-8-3  Petroleum Coke General Properties: Volatile Combustible Matter (VCM) • VCM is unconverted pitch – Target 12% Max, fuel coke 9% to 10% – 14% VCM is very high; Coke will be soft • Increases green coke hydrogen content • Rules of thumb for control in fuel coke – Increase heater outlet 5-7 °F for 1% decrease in VCM

More

Recycling petroleum coke in blended cement mortar

2012-11-1  Table 3 shows the quantity and composition of sample mixes prepared in this study. Control slab contained 25 % by dry mass CEM II/B-M and 75% sand.Lightweight slab also contained 25% cement and the rest 75% pet coke. The quantity of water used in both mixes was fixed in order to maintain a constant degree of workability.

More

Import of petroleum coke allowed by road from India ...

2014-1-9  @[email protected]: Pet Coke conatins excessive amount of sulfur - between 3-7%. It can be used in the cement kilns but wiill require vent scrubbers to capture the sulfur dioxide that is ...

More

Final - Cement and Lime Manufacturing

Sulfur Dioxides Sulfur dioxide (SO 2) emissions in cement manufacturing are primarily associated with the content of volatile or reactive sulfur in the raw materials7 and, although less important, with the quality of fuels for power generation. Recommended pollution control techniques for reduction of SO 2, in addition to proper

More

How will IMO 2020 affect the petroleum coke market ...

The potential impact of IMO 2020 on the anode-grade petroleum coke market is something that has been on the industry’s radar for several years. But with implementation only months away, there is little indication from current pricing that buyers are concerned about the availability once refineries start to

More

Reducing Cost of Production in Cement Plant

2019-11-20  Moreover, in cement standards, there is limit on total SO3 in cement, higher sulfur input from pyroprocessing means less gypsum can be added

More

Effect of coal with different sulfur content on cement ...

The raw materials and high-sulfur coals with total sulfur content from 2.10% to 5.21% were mixed and cement clinkers with constant lime saturation factor, silica modulus and alumina modulus were ...

More

MANAGING CHINA’S PETCOKE PROBLEM

2015-6-3  Though typically considered inert when it is left unburned and stored, pet-coke is in some ways even dirtier than coal when it is burned—with a higher sulfur content, usually higher than 3 percent and typically as high as 6.5 or 7 percent,5 and various

More

EFFECT OF FUEL MIXTURE ON CEMENT PRODUCTION: A

2016-6-7  Agricultural waste for cement production optimization an in-depth analysis on effect of using conventional fuel (mineral coal, pet-coke, Heavy oil and Natural gas) and Agricultural waste (sugar waste and ground nut shell). This mixture is intended for use in a rotary kiln of clinker production, dry process.

More

Recycling petroleum coke in blended cement mortar

2012-11-1  Table 3 shows the quantity and composition of sample mixes prepared in this study. Control slab contained 25 % by dry mass CEM II/B-M and 75% sand.Lightweight slab also contained 25% cement and the rest 75% pet coke. The quantity of water used in both mixes was fixed in order to maintain a constant degree of workability.

More

LIFE CYCLE ASSESSMENT OF THE USE OF ALTERNATIVE

2016-6-24  replacement of conventional fuels such as coal and pet coke. The purpose of this study is to evaluate the ... emissions from cement plants include other pollutants such as particles, nitrogen oxides (NOx), sulfur dioxide (SO 2), and some minor pollutants [15]. ... fuels, clinker and cement and the impact of mining, resource depletion and waste ...

More

Import of petroleum coke allowed by road from India ...

2014-1-9  @[email protected]: Pet Coke conatins excessive amount of sulfur - between 3-7%. It can be used in the cement kilns but wiill require vent scrubbers to capture the sulfur dioxide that is ...

More

Final - Cement and Lime Manufacturing

Sulfur Dioxides Sulfur dioxide (SO 2) emissions in cement manufacturing are primarily associated with the content of volatile or reactive sulfur in the raw materials7 and, although less important, with the quality of fuels for power generation. Recommended pollution control techniques for reduction of SO 2, in addition to proper

More

Petroleum Coke: the Pollution Doesn't Stop at the

2013-10-19  Petroleum coke is a waste product of oil refining; refining tar sands, in turn, produces significantly more pet coke than refining lighter crudes. For example, the pet coke production at BP’s ...

More

How will IMO 2020 affect the petroleum coke market ...

The potential impact of IMO 2020 on the anode-grade petroleum coke market is something that has been on the industry’s radar for several years. But with implementation only months away, there is little indication from current pricing that buyers are concerned about the availability once refineries start to

More

Alternative Fuels in Cement Manufacturing IntechOpen

2011-8-9  2. Alternative fuel options for the cement industry. Coal is the primary fuel burned in cement kilns, however, the use alternative fuels in cement kilns is now common and increasing. The range of alternative fuels is extremely wide. They are usually

More

Copyright © 2020.Company name All rights reserved.SiteMap